Academy Show Team
The purpose of ACADEMY SHOW TEAM is to introduce potential owners, adult and children, to the joys of showing horses and give riders the opportunity to gain experience in a fun horse show atmosphere. The Academy Show Team reflects on each individual in many ways, such as camaraderie between one another, discipline, sportsmanship and so much more, but most importantly the love of the sport!
Our Academy Show Team riders consist of students of all ages from 3 year old lead-liners to mature adults who are enrolled in the BHEC Travel Show Team. BHEC participates in horse shows throughout the year that offer Academy classes for our Academy riders. Classes are divided by age and skill level. Riders compete in classes with other riders of similar skill-sets. Academy riders compete in Showmanship and Equitation classes in either Walk/Trot or Walk/Trot/Canter. It is not necessary to own a horse to compete in the Academy division, however it is encouraged to own or lease.
It is mandatory for BHEC riders to start in Academy Show Team before they purchase a show horse. Riders from this program graduate to ownership and have the opportunity to show up to National & World Level competition.
ACADEMY RIDERS REQUIREMENT
- Students must take a minimum of 2 or more lessons a week
- Must show in a minimum of 3 travel shows a year
- All barn shows are mandatory
- ONLY Academy youth riders in grades 6 – 12 may participate in the IEA (Interscholastic Equestrian Association)
- Purchase an Ear Piece
- Barsnsby Calfskin Stirrup Leathers
- Safety Stirrup Irons
- Saddles are STRONGLY recommended: Shivley MMX or World Cup Super Grip by Freedman
- ASTM/SEI Approved helmet
- Team Track Suit
- Custom or rack show clothes through Marsha de’ Arriaga or similar quality
- Riders must follow the “code of conduct”, if under the age of 18 parent and child must adhere to code
Other important information…
- Deposits and show bills are DUE by or before given due date
- Hauling Fees: All BHEC horses are hauled together, in some cases hauler will require payment in advance, separate or sometimes BHEC will bill you on show bill.
- Credit Cards are mandatory to have on account. Payments can be made by credit card, cash or check.
- NO last minute cancellations allowed or refunds.