Job Opportunities at Bobbin Hollow
We are currently accepting applications for employment for several different positions at Bobbin Hollow. We’re looking for honest team players who take direction well and are compassionate and dedicated to the care of our property and our equine charges. Specifically —
All positions start at 6:30 AM during winter hours, earlier during summer hours.
- ASSISTANT TRAINER, 6 days/week, Mondays off. Open minded and motivated team player to assist in developing world class Saddlebred & Morgan Horses. Working with yearlings through finished horses. Housing provided.
- RIDING INSTRUCTOR, part-time, Mondays off. On-farm only. Must have instruction experience in beginner to intermediate level in basic balance seat. Must love kids. Patience is a must. Willing to learn and execute our BHEC lesson plans. Must pass drug screen and USEF Safe Sport background check. Growth opportunities for the right person.
- FULL TIME SHOW GROOM, 6 days/week, Mondays off. Willing to travel with us to shows from Ocala north to Kentucky, and as far west as Oklahoma.
- FULL TIME CARETAKER/GROOM, 5-6 days/week, includes weekends.
- PART TIME CARETAKER/GROOM, 3-5 days from 6:30 AM until noon.
- INTERNSHIPS/APPRENTICE POSITIONS may also be available. This is a full time, salaried position with housing available. We offer the opportunity to learn all aspects of training and caring for our show horses, while working with a professional team and some of the finest horses in our breeds. Responsibilities would include caring for a string of up to 5 show horses, and assisting in their training according to your capabilities while advancing your skills.
- Be reliable and punctual
- Have horse experience
- Be physically able to lift grain and hay weighing 50-80 lbs*
- Be willing and able to perform basic farm maintenance*
- Be willing to work weekends and rotate on-call nights for emergencies*
- Follow direction well and work as a team player
BONUS Knowledge & Experience:
- Handling stallions, 2YO, yearlings, foals
- Broodmare and foaling experience
- Knowledge of medication, lameness, illness
Please complete the form below and tell us anything you think might persuade us to call you for an interview!
*Not necessary for Riding Instructor position.
What are you waiting for? Let's get started chasing your equestrian dreams.
Send us a message